Who should I call?

Who should I call?

If you have an emergency or see a crime in progress, dial 9-1-1

An emergency is any situation that requires immediate assistance from a police officer, a firefighter or a paramedic. Sometimes all three will respond, such as in the event of a serious traffic collision where people are trapped or injured. If you are ever in doubt of whether a situation is an emergency, you should call 9-1-1.

It’s better to be safe and let the 9-1-1 calltaker determine if you need emergency assistance.

For more information, please visit: tps.ca/contact/911-emergency

Non-emergency calls for service, call 416-808-2222. 

The police non-emergency line 416-808-2222 allows residents to connect with police services, personnel and programs. It is also the place to report crimes that are not, or are no longer an emergency, for instance if your home has been broken into but no one is on your property.

The Toronto Police Service will take all reports of crime over the non-emergency line, however, we always encourage everyone to use the online reporting services for your convenience.

To report a crime online, please visit tps.ca/report/

To report anonymously, please call Crime Stoppers at 416-222-TIPS (8477), or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637), or visit 222tips.com.

For more information, please visit: tps.ca/contact/416-808-2222-police-non-emergency/

Non-emergency policing issues in 22 Division, call 416-808-2219

To contact one of our 22 Division Neighbourhood Officers, please visit tps.ca/my-neighbourhood/22-division/find-your-neighbourhood-officer-22-division.

To discuss issues related to crime prevention in 22 Division, please contact one of our Crime Prevention Officers.

For more information, please visit: tps.ca/my-neighbourhood/22-division